The Meme of Time
Dec. 6th, 2009 01:17 pm...as in, takes too much time to fill out, when I should be doing homework...
Gacked from
clocketpatch
A
? Available: ...for cooking, cleaning, emotional support, and bad puns. Looking for geeky/creative, competent single male with nice eyes. (SGC employment, TARDIS, or superpowers optional).
? Age: 19
? Annoyance: Slow internet connection on campus...
? Allergies: Dust and other assorted ticklish airborne particles. Kiwi pulp/skin.
? Animal: Plays the drums like no other! XD
? Actor: Musician, actually, but my best friend is an actress. ;D
B
? Beer: Smells like cold porta-potty in a mug.
? Birthday/Birthplace: Octubre, teh dawn of teh 90's, Californi-yay
? Best Friends: Are the ones who can survive a fight still caring, think about you even when you're not around, and make you like them by liking you first. You can never have too many of them!
? Body part on opposite sex: All people have elbows! Except for amputees. Even amputees of the opposite sex. Unless they are missing a leg, not an arm. Elbows are not as attractive or interesting, however, as noses or eyebrows.
? Best feeling in the world: A strong, warm night wind, just before or after spring thunderstorm.
? Blind or Deaf: A. get really cool dogs to lead them around, B. get to speak a way prettier language than most of us oral speakers.
? Best weather: Any weather is good weather. Exception: hot, dead air.
? Been in Love: Not in the romantic sense, no.
? Been bitched out?: Several times.
? Been on stage?: Ooohh yeah!
? Believe in yourself?: What does that mean? No one really seems to have a good answer, so I pretty much ignore that whole theoretical construct.
? Believe in life on other planets: There might be some really cool glowy bacteria out there! We have no idea!
? Believe in miracles: Uh... they happen. Yeah.
? Believe in Magic: I know that it exists, yeah, but I'm not a subscriber to the actual practice myself, no.
? Believe in God: Yes. Completely.
? Believe in Satan: Again with the vagueness of the word "believe"... he is, but I don't trust him as far as I can spit.
? Believe in Santa: which one?
? Believe in Ghosts/Spirits: I believe they exist, yes. You might have gotten that from the above questions.
? Believe in Evolution: Creation, Evolution, Revolution... powers of the universe, right there.
C
?Car: KITT!
? Candy: Is a stupid thing to name your child. No offense to anyone named Candy, but I would never force anyone to live their lives named after anything edible.
? Color: silver, copper, blue, and black
? Cried in school: A couple of times. Usually reserved for empty cafeteria corners and bathroom stalls.
? Chocolate/Vanilla: How about BOTH? Doesn't that just blow your mind?
? Chinese/Mexican: ?? I am neither, being a mishmash of Scots-Irish, Polish, English, Dutch, and probably some Russian.
? Cake or pie: Mmm....tough choice. I'll take both if I can get 'em, but neither with any kind of "fruity" filling (banana cream doesn't count, because bananas are good).
? Countries to visit: The world over! Except for Britain. Who wants to visit that boring little island?... (Just kidding! Just kidding! Don't shoot!)
D
? Day or Night: *copies Clocketpatch's answer for pure poetic goodness and coincidential agreement* You know that time, around 4AM, when everything is quiet, and the stars are just these sharp silver points, and the air is crisp, and then, out of the silence, a bird chirps, and then they all take it up, and then it starts getting lighter, and then, even before the sun comes up, you just, know... it's a new day, you've made it through the night, and maybe your problems are still there, but soon the sky will be painted and everything's a bit of okay, just because of that. (why yes, I do pull rather too many all-nighters)
? Dream vehicle: A fully-functional Puddlejumper would be so awesome. Especially if it was that one illegal time-travelling one... I would name it something cool, install a cot, and rig it for wireless internet.
? Danced: I do, but I don't have any illusions about being good at it. I just don't care very much. :D
? Dance in the rain?: Yes! Even better in early fall, when it's cool but not freezing and you can puddlejump barefoot!
? Dance in the middle of the street?: 've done that too... sometimes also in the rain.
? Do the splits?: When I was, like, 4, maybe...
E
? Eggs: Turn into cute little birdies!... or ugly nekkid birdies!
? Eyes: Uh... I don't remember. Kinda greenish, I think.
? Everyone has: blood, snot, and water.
? Ever failed a class?: Yes. It was not a pleasant experience.
F
? First crush: Michael W. Smith. I was 5.
? First thoughts waking up: Argh! Now I'll never know how that dream ends!
? Food: is an adventure. In sooo many ways.
G
? Greatest Fear: That I might unintentionally screw someone else up.
? Giver or taker: Don't ask me, ask my friends and associates.
? Goals: Survive college with a four-year degree. Finish my music vids/fics. Pay off my student loans. Lose 10 pounds.
? Gum: Strawberry Bubblicious = yummmmmm
? Get along with your parents?: I love them both to bits! And yes, I do think we get along quite splendidly.
? Good luck charms: are for superstitious sugar-junkies.
H
? Hair Colour: Brunette (is just another word for "brown". *sigh* )
? Height: ...I don't actually know?
? Happy: is tacked onto every "Chinese" restaurant on 82nd street.
? Holidays: should not be a source of stress. If it is, just cut the whole thing out and take a nap.
? How do you want to die: Like most people, I'd prefer that it not be slow and painful.
? Health freak?: WHERE? *ducks behind the couch*
? Hate: I would also say "people without empathy", but I really don't like using a word strong as "hate" for any human being, partly because of that empathy. Everyone has a reason for being like they are. I just have to accept that and focus my energy on more productive forms of antagonism, like studied avoidance or negotiation.
I
(In guys/girls)
? Eye Color: Any, really, but hazel is the most visually intriguing.
? Hair Color: A year ago, I would have said dark, but then I got this crush on a blonde guy...
? Height: At least as tall as me, please. No quiero awkward.
? Clothing Style: Non-specific. Just... don't dress in gross dead things like skulls, don't show off your legs if they're pale and furry and nasty... basically, maintain good personal hygiene and don't be really emo.
? Characteristics: Dude, everyone's different.
? Ice Cream: ...is tasty, but fattening and anti-nutritious?
? Instrument: The pianoforte is my first love! I also adore the sound of cello and would one day love to learn to play it.
J
? Jewelry: I own more than I wear, which isn't much, but still more than I need.
? Job: Everyone needs one! 0_0
K
? Kids: Tend to get awkward around me. Or maybe it's the other way around. I do want my own someday, though.
? Kickboxing or karate: Hey, Kung-fu starts with a K, too!
? Keep a journal?: Um... is this a trick question?
L
? Longest Car Ride: I'm pretty sure it's the one I don't remember. Ginormous commute before I was 2 years old.
? Love: is not only an emotion. It's a credo.
? Letter: F
? Laughed so hard you cried: Did I? At Twilight maybe. Thank God the guy next to me was in there against his will, too. XD
? Love at first sight: Has been known to happen.
M
? Milk flavor: tastes nasty if you forget to brush your teeth.
? Movie: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. American In Paris. Stardust. National Treasure.
? Mooned anyone?: Not intentionally, no.
? Marriage: Would be nice. But I'll be patient. No need to get anxious until I'm, like, 45 and still single.
? Motion sickness?: Occasionally, but there's no real rhyme or reason to why I get it.
? McD's or BK: Ewwwww.... neither. *choke* If it's gotta be fast food, it's gotta be Subway, Burgerville, Carl's Jr., or Arby's. That's it.
N
? Number of Siblings: 2
? Number of Piercings: Poking holes in oneself is not my idea of fun.
? Number: 9:00 AM
O
? Overused Phrases: Made of win. Made of...[fill-in-the-blank]
? One wish:
? One phobia: flat horizons (and yes, this is weird and I don't know if there's a name for it)
P
? Place you'd like to live: I'd like to have a month or so long stint in numerous locations around the globe, with enough money to buy safe food and afford a shower every day.
? Pepsi/Coke: make good chocolate floats
? Quail: have tasty eggs.
? Questionnaires: like this one, may be filled out in a text document over the course of several days.
R
? Reason to cry: I laughed sooo hard at that cakefic!
? Reality T.V.: Is surreal.
? Radio Station: 97.1 Charlie FM, 94.7 Alternative Portland, 105.1 the Buzz, 105.9 the Brew, Pandora Radio, last.fm
? Roll your tongue in a circle?: No, but I can fold it like a ruffle crisp. It feels weird.
S
? Song:
? Shoe size: Depending on brand - 7-9
? Sushi: Is so good!
? Skipped school: Rarely.
? Slept outside: In wet grass in all my clothes. Yes. Also fell asleep in a tree once.
? Seen a dead body?: No.
? Smoked?: No.
? Skinny dipped?: Not that I can remember, no. 0_0
? Shower daily?: Yes
? Sing well?: Yes! One of my few accomplishments in life.
? In the shower?: Oh yes. :D
? Swear?: Sometimes. I usually feel guilty/surprised at myself or apologize awkwardly after, though.
? Stuffed Animals?: I still sleep with a stuffed dinosaur.
? Single/Group dates: ...are how my parents met?
? Strawberries/Blueberries: Strawberries. Definitely.
? Scientists need to invent: A better bug repellent. Seriously. The mosquitoes and fleas haven't gotten the memo that stinky=no biting.
T
? Time for bed: When it's closer than the couch (or the floor).
? Thunderstorms: Are TOTALLY AWESOME and one of my favourite things in the world to watch/listen to. A complete thrill, plus they are usually accompanied by very pretty clouds, nice smells, and lots of wind. Squee!
? Touch your tongue to your nose? No.
U
? Unpredictable: But how could the beetles be so foolish as to invade Chile instead of a more follicularly amenable country? What is their true motive?
? Under the influence?: On a daily basis. (gulps tea)
? Understanding?: Can be your best friend and your worst enemy.
V
? Vegetable you hate: steamed "baby" carrots. Because they're naked of any good flavor or texture and lack the nutritional value of regular raw carrots with the skin on (which, in contrast, I like quite a bit).
? Vegetable you love: yu choy, celery, parsley, cabbage, spinach, parsnips, and homegrown tomatoes!
? Vacation spot: Somewhere facing the ocean and some mountains/hills at your back.
W
? Weakness: Being easily distracted, scaring people by absently wandering off from travel groups/companions. I also have a weak respiratory system. Colds and flus go straight to my lungs.
? When you grow up: I would like to still have friends. That would be cool.
? Which one of your friends acts the most like you: Like I'd be able to tell you? Ask my family who I act most like, and that one'll probably be true both ways.
? Who makes you laugh the most: The folks on DbyA, they're fantastic. ;D
? Worst feeling: Knowing that you've done something wrong and there's no way to fix it
? Wanted to be a role model?: It's pretty inevitable, don't you think? Everone influences someone in the course of their lives. I didn't want to, per se, but I try to do a good job for my siblings and friends.
? Where do we go when we die: That is really a matter of personal choices, isn't it?
? Worst weather: Hot with no wind.
? Walk with a book on your head?: Wh... what kinda crazy do you think I am? Sheesh. *mutters* Walk with a book on my head...yeah...
...everyone knows you carry plates on your head. Duh.
X
? X-Rays: Make great pets!
Y
? Year it is now: That is grammatically incorrect. Yes. It is a year now, unless we have become trapped in a temporal loop.
? Yellow: I don't know the lyrics.
Z
? Zoo animal: Since walking sticks are not technically animals, I will say... birds of prey! (Because our zoo is so cool) My favorite is the golden eagle. They have fruit bats, lorakeets, and naked mole rats, too.
? Zodiac sign: DO NOT WANT! *runs for 13 Bannerman Road*
Gacked from
A
? Available: ...for cooking, cleaning, emotional support, and bad puns. Looking for geeky/creative, competent single male with nice eyes. (SGC employment, TARDIS, or superpowers optional).
? Age: 19
? Annoyance: Slow internet connection on campus...
? Allergies: Dust and other assorted ticklish airborne particles. Kiwi pulp/skin.
? Animal: Plays the drums like no other! XD
? Actor: Musician, actually, but my best friend is an actress. ;D
B
? Beer: Smells like cold porta-potty in a mug.
? Birthday/Birthplace: Octubre, teh dawn of teh 90's, Californi-yay
? Best Friends: Are the ones who can survive a fight still caring, think about you even when you're not around, and make you like them by liking you first. You can never have too many of them!
? Body part on opposite sex: All people have elbows! Except for amputees. Even amputees of the opposite sex. Unless they are missing a leg, not an arm. Elbows are not as attractive or interesting, however, as noses or eyebrows.
? Best feeling in the world: A strong, warm night wind, just before or after spring thunderstorm.
? Blind or Deaf: A. get really cool dogs to lead them around, B. get to speak a way prettier language than most of us oral speakers.
? Best weather: Any weather is good weather. Exception: hot, dead air.
? Been in Love: Not in the romantic sense, no.
? Been bitched out?: Several times.
? Been on stage?: Ooohh yeah!
? Believe in yourself?: What does that mean? No one really seems to have a good answer, so I pretty much ignore that whole theoretical construct.
? Believe in life on other planets: There might be some really cool glowy bacteria out there! We have no idea!
? Believe in miracles: Uh... they happen. Yeah.
? Believe in Magic: I know that it exists, yeah, but I'm not a subscriber to the actual practice myself, no.
? Believe in God: Yes. Completely.
? Believe in Satan: Again with the vagueness of the word "believe"... he is, but I don't trust him as far as I can spit.
? Believe in Santa: which one?
? Believe in Ghosts/Spirits: I believe they exist, yes. You might have gotten that from the above questions.
? Believe in Evolution: Creation, Evolution, Revolution... powers of the universe, right there.
C
?Car: KITT!
? Candy: Is a stupid thing to name your child. No offense to anyone named Candy, but I would never force anyone to live their lives named after anything edible.
? Color: silver, copper, blue, and black
? Cried in school: A couple of times. Usually reserved for empty cafeteria corners and bathroom stalls.
? Chocolate/Vanilla: How about BOTH? Doesn't that just blow your mind?
? Chinese/Mexican: ?? I am neither, being a mishmash of Scots-Irish, Polish, English, Dutch, and probably some Russian.
? Cake or pie: Mmm....tough choice. I'll take both if I can get 'em, but neither with any kind of "fruity" filling (banana cream doesn't count, because bananas are good).
? Countries to visit: The world over! Except for Britain. Who wants to visit that boring little island?... (Just kidding! Just kidding! Don't shoot!)
D
? Day or Night: *copies Clocketpatch's answer for pure poetic goodness and coincidential agreement* You know that time, around 4AM, when everything is quiet, and the stars are just these sharp silver points, and the air is crisp, and then, out of the silence, a bird chirps, and then they all take it up, and then it starts getting lighter, and then, even before the sun comes up, you just, know... it's a new day, you've made it through the night, and maybe your problems are still there, but soon the sky will be painted and everything's a bit of okay, just because of that. (why yes, I do pull rather too many all-nighters)
? Dream vehicle: A fully-functional Puddlejumper would be so awesome. Especially if it was that one illegal time-travelling one... I would name it something cool, install a cot, and rig it for wireless internet.
? Danced: I do, but I don't have any illusions about being good at it. I just don't care very much. :D
? Dance in the rain?: Yes! Even better in early fall, when it's cool but not freezing and you can puddlejump barefoot!
? Dance in the middle of the street?: 've done that too... sometimes also in the rain.
? Do the splits?: When I was, like, 4, maybe...
E
? Eggs: Turn into cute little birdies!... or ugly nekkid birdies!
? Eyes: Uh... I don't remember. Kinda greenish, I think.
? Everyone has: blood, snot, and water.
? Ever failed a class?: Yes. It was not a pleasant experience.
F
? First crush: Michael W. Smith. I was 5.
? First thoughts waking up: Argh! Now I'll never know how that dream ends!
? Food: is an adventure. In sooo many ways.
G
? Greatest Fear: That I might unintentionally screw someone else up.
? Giver or taker: Don't ask me, ask my friends and associates.
? Goals: Survive college with a four-year degree. Finish my music vids/fics. Pay off my student loans. Lose 10 pounds.
? Gum: Strawberry Bubblicious = yummmmmm
? Get along with your parents?: I love them both to bits! And yes, I do think we get along quite splendidly.
? Good luck charms: are for superstitious sugar-junkies.
H
? Hair Colour: Brunette (is just another word for "brown". *sigh* )
? Height: ...I don't actually know?
? Happy: is tacked onto every "Chinese" restaurant on 82nd street.
? Holidays: should not be a source of stress. If it is, just cut the whole thing out and take a nap.
? How do you want to die: Like most people, I'd prefer that it not be slow and painful.
? Health freak?: WHERE? *ducks behind the couch*
? Hate: I would also say "people without empathy", but I really don't like using a word strong as "hate" for any human being, partly because of that empathy. Everyone has a reason for being like they are. I just have to accept that and focus my energy on more productive forms of antagonism, like studied avoidance or negotiation.
I
(In guys/girls)
? Eye Color: Any, really, but hazel is the most visually intriguing.
? Hair Color: A year ago, I would have said dark, but then I got this crush on a blonde guy...
? Height: At least as tall as me, please. No quiero awkward.
? Clothing Style: Non-specific. Just... don't dress in gross dead things like skulls, don't show off your legs if they're pale and furry and nasty... basically, maintain good personal hygiene and don't be really emo.
? Characteristics: Dude, everyone's different.
? Ice Cream: ...is tasty, but fattening and anti-nutritious?
? Instrument: The pianoforte is my first love! I also adore the sound of cello and would one day love to learn to play it.
J
? Jewelry: I own more than I wear, which isn't much, but still more than I need.
? Job: Everyone needs one! 0_0
K
? Kids: Tend to get awkward around me. Or maybe it's the other way around. I do want my own someday, though.
? Kickboxing or karate: Hey, Kung-fu starts with a K, too!
? Keep a journal?: Um... is this a trick question?
L
? Longest Car Ride: I'm pretty sure it's the one I don't remember. Ginormous commute before I was 2 years old.
? Love: is not only an emotion. It's a credo.
? Letter: F
? Laughed so hard you cried: Did I? At Twilight maybe. Thank God the guy next to me was in there against his will, too. XD
? Love at first sight: Has been known to happen.
M
? Milk flavor: tastes nasty if you forget to brush your teeth.
? Movie: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. American In Paris. Stardust. National Treasure.
? Mooned anyone?: Not intentionally, no.
? Marriage: Would be nice. But I'll be patient. No need to get anxious until I'm, like, 45 and still single.
? Motion sickness?: Occasionally, but there's no real rhyme or reason to why I get it.
? McD's or BK: Ewwwww.... neither. *choke* If it's gotta be fast food, it's gotta be Subway, Burgerville, Carl's Jr., or Arby's. That's it.
N
? Number of Siblings: 2
? Number of Piercings: Poking holes in oneself is not my idea of fun.
? Number: 9:00 AM
O
? Overused Phrases: Made of win. Made of...[fill-in-the-blank]
? One wish:
? One phobia: flat horizons (and yes, this is weird and I don't know if there's a name for it)
P
? Place you'd like to live: I'd like to have a month or so long stint in numerous locations around the globe, with enough money to buy safe food and afford a shower every day.
? Pepsi/Coke: make good chocolate floats
? Quail: have tasty eggs.
? Questionnaires: like this one, may be filled out in a text document over the course of several days.
R
? Reason to cry: I laughed sooo hard at that cakefic!
? Reality T.V.: Is surreal.
? Radio Station: 97.1 Charlie FM, 94.7 Alternative Portland, 105.1 the Buzz, 105.9 the Brew, Pandora Radio, last.fm
? Roll your tongue in a circle?: No, but I can fold it like a ruffle crisp. It feels weird.
S
? Song:
? Shoe size: Depending on brand - 7-9
? Sushi: Is so good!
? Skipped school: Rarely.
? Slept outside: In wet grass in all my clothes. Yes. Also fell asleep in a tree once.
? Seen a dead body?: No.
? Smoked?: No.
? Skinny dipped?: Not that I can remember, no. 0_0
? Shower daily?: Yes
? Sing well?: Yes! One of my few accomplishments in life.
? In the shower?: Oh yes. :D
? Swear?: Sometimes. I usually feel guilty/surprised at myself or apologize awkwardly after, though.
? Stuffed Animals?: I still sleep with a stuffed dinosaur.
? Single/Group dates: ...are how my parents met?
? Strawberries/Blueberries: Strawberries. Definitely.
? Scientists need to invent: A better bug repellent. Seriously. The mosquitoes and fleas haven't gotten the memo that stinky=no biting.
T
? Time for bed: When it's closer than the couch (or the floor).
? Thunderstorms: Are TOTALLY AWESOME and one of my favourite things in the world to watch/listen to. A complete thrill, plus they are usually accompanied by very pretty clouds, nice smells, and lots of wind. Squee!
? Touch your tongue to your nose? No.
U
? Unpredictable: But how could the beetles be so foolish as to invade Chile instead of a more follicularly amenable country? What is their true motive?
? Under the influence?: On a daily basis. (gulps tea)
? Understanding?: Can be your best friend and your worst enemy.
V
? Vegetable you hate: steamed "baby" carrots. Because they're naked of any good flavor or texture and lack the nutritional value of regular raw carrots with the skin on (which, in contrast, I like quite a bit).
? Vegetable you love: yu choy, celery, parsley, cabbage, spinach, parsnips, and homegrown tomatoes!
? Vacation spot: Somewhere facing the ocean and some mountains/hills at your back.
W
? Weakness: Being easily distracted, scaring people by absently wandering off from travel groups/companions. I also have a weak respiratory system. Colds and flus go straight to my lungs.
? When you grow up: I would like to still have friends. That would be cool.
? Which one of your friends acts the most like you: Like I'd be able to tell you? Ask my family who I act most like, and that one'll probably be true both ways.
? Who makes you laugh the most: The folks on DbyA, they're fantastic. ;D
? Worst feeling: Knowing that you've done something wrong and there's no way to fix it
? Wanted to be a role model?: It's pretty inevitable, don't you think? Everone influences someone in the course of their lives. I didn't want to, per se, but I try to do a good job for my siblings and friends.
? Where do we go when we die: That is really a matter of personal choices, isn't it?
? Worst weather: Hot with no wind.
? Walk with a book on your head?: Wh... what kinda crazy do you think I am? Sheesh. *mutters* Walk with a book on my head...yeah...
...everyone knows you carry plates on your head. Duh.
X
? X-Rays: Make great pets!
Y
? Year it is now: That is grammatically incorrect. Yes. It is a year now, unless we have become trapped in a temporal loop.
? Yellow: I don't know the lyrics.
Z
? Zoo animal: Since walking sticks are not technically animals, I will say... birds of prey! (Because our zoo is so cool) My favorite is the golden eagle. They have fruit bats, lorakeets, and naked mole rats, too.
? Zodiac sign: DO NOT WANT! *runs for 13 Bannerman Road*
no subject
Date: 2009-12-06 09:43 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-12-06 09:57 pm (UTC)The Bro says "X-rays make great pets?"
no subject
Date: 2009-12-07 03:56 am (UTC)